Saturday, June 28, 2014

Honeymoon TR - day 7. West side!

Slept in a little Today. Headed back down the RTH around 8:30. We didn't stop for pictures on the way back so I made it in about 2 hours. The one stop we did make was at the halfway point for chips & a coffee.

Next we pulled off at the Ho'okipa lookout and watched the surfers for a few. I took a wrong turn in Kahului & DW spotted the mall so we stopped there. It's more of a big food court than a mall though. It was noon & I was starving, all I had eaten was a small bag of Maui chips but I figured I could hold out until Buzz's Wharf. I've always wanted to eat there. Well we get there and it's closed for whatever reason. Not sure if they're remodeling or what. There were people there but the inside looked like the didn't plan on being open anytime soon. So now I'm in near panic mode because I need food but luckily Devon had a bag of pretzels stashed in her bag! The pretzels saved the day. 

It wasn't time for check in so we parked at Whaler's Village & got lunch at the Hula Grill. The fish tacos were pretty good and DW's cheeseburger was so/so. Next we checked in at the Kaanapali beach hotel & the room they had us down for was two twin beds, but after the hotel desk clerk found out we were just married she upgraded us to a king in a partial ocean view room which was really nice of them. The view was great! 

 
Naps are becoming a daily ritual and today was no different. We napped for a good 2 hours. We didn't want to get up but we had to because it was almost time for our trilogy sunset sail! 

Check in was 4:45 and we were ready early so I had a couple beers & Devon had a couple screw drivers (yow!). 


The water was really rough so boarding was exciting. The food was good - veggie wraps, #chicken on a stick, BBQ pork sliders. I used the hashtag because when one of the guys working on the boat offered the chicken to this girl who was a senior in high school he said "these are good! You'll be talking about them on twitter like hashtag chicken on a stick!" We found it hilarious. 

Devon loved the boat. She says it's tied with the hike for her favorite activity. The crew was nice, the food was good, the sunset & my wife were both beautiful and life is good. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment