Sunday, June 22, 2014

Honeymoon trip report - Day 2 - wedding day!

The day has finally arrived after 9 months of planning, saving and waiting! I think we figured out how to beat the time adjustment after traveling 15 hours and staying up until 8pm because we both slept in. I woke up at 4:30, went to Denny's for a large coffee to go & not long after I got back Devon was awake. We went back to Denny's for breakfast at 7. I threw a piece of hash brown to a little bird that was staring at us. It was very grateful but Devon pointed out that there was a sign that clearly stated "do not feed the birds" oops. 

We went to the grocery store near by afterward and got some food for the condo, wine, a pair of sunglasses for me and swim shoes for both of us. After that we went scope out the wedding location which is Southside beach or white rock beach....I'm not exactly sure which is the correct name but it's just down the road from the Fairmont Kea Lani. We walked on the beach. There were chickens and chicken tracks all over which we found hilarious. Some nice locals took a picture of us and we snapped a few selfies while admiring the gorgeous view of Molokini. 




Next we ventured to Shops at Wailea. We got some Maui coffee, I bought a hat, and we ate lunch at Island Cheese Burger. She had pancakes, I had the cheeseburger babies. Both were pretty good. Devon had a Mimosa but I stuck to iced tea because I knew I was going to the gym later. 

Next we stopped and checked out the beach across from the condo (I think it's Kam 3?). She is in awe of the beauty of Maui and I couldn't be any happier with my life at this point. 


We took a 2 hour nap afterward. The girls from Maui Makeup Artistry showed up at 3pm which was my cue to hit the gym! I went for my 2nd time to Maui Powerhouse Gym. I did a 45 minute mixed upper body workout & ran a mile & a half on the treadmill (side note: my first triathlon is in august). 

I came home and the girls are just finishing up her hair and makeup and she looks beautiful! I'm sweaty and I don't even look like I belong in the same room as her! Lol. Next it was off to the beach to get married! Our minister was Kahu Kale, a Polynesian guy in his 20s who was very good at what he does. He made us & the moment feel very special! We said I do, said our vows, and took lots of pictures in the south Maui sunset. It was perfect. Here is Mr & Mrs Smith! 


After the ceremony we came back to the condo to wash the sand off & then off to Monkeypod for dinner. I can't say enough about Monkeypod. The food was excellent. I had the lobster & mushroom pizza and DW had the filet with grilled potatoes. I tried hers too & this was probably the best meal I've ever had & that's a bold statement beings we"re from Louisiana. They also have the best Mai Tai I've ever tried. Afterward we tried to have a drink at Mulligans but it was closed for a private event so we settled for a couple beers at Moose's near the condo. I got myself a cigar at the nearby liquor store and sat outside at the condo to write this report while she gets her beauty sleep. Not all activities are mentioned here :) A whole life of activities await us. Thank you all for reading these and sharing our joy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment