Sunday, June 29, 2014

Honeymoon TR - Day 8 - Chaos

Day 8 was a lazy day. We had the buffet breakfast at the KBH's Tiki Terrace around 8. We needed to be at Flying Hawaiian Zipline at 9:45. We drove down there. DW has never been ziplining and started watching flyin' Hawaiian YouTube videos and I could tell she was beginning to stress. So while sitting in the parking lot she decided she didn't want to do it and there's no shame in that. It's better than getting up there and deciding you can't do it, which I hear happens often. I didn't complain. She has been very adventurous throughout the trip but everyone has a limit. We decided we would do a shopping day at Whaler's Village instead. 

Devon and I's birthdays are two days (and two years) apart in August. I was born at the start of the greatest decade for music ever - 1980 & she was 82. But anyway, we decided that I'd buy her birthday present early in the form of some Ralph Lauren sunglasses that looked really good on her. 


Next we ate lunch at Leilani's. Eh...just eh...Devon's grilled cheese sandwich was great but my onion rings & Caesar salad weren't great. They've got the dipping sauce for the onion rings all wrong with that mustard thing they do. Ah well. 

After that we went in search of the Jet Skis! Devon says she'll do those with me to make up for Zipling & I'm excited about that. I finally got her to stop apologizing about it after we decided on the Jet Skis. I didn't realize how far down the Hyatt is (where the jet skis are at) so I made my first sunblock mistake of the trip. We walked down and asked about the pricing & decided we would do it the next day but by the time we got back my neck was burnt. Not terribly bad though. Then we napped. 

Next was the Old Lahaina Luau. We took a cab because I knew we would be drinking more than a couple. It was so much better, in my opinion, than the feast at LeLe which I went to last time. We sat on the ground and had front row seats. We each had a few Mai Tai's and the food was ok but the show was great. 



Toward the end they called for the people on honeymoons & anniversaries to come to the front for a dance! It was sooo cool. We counted it as the first dance that we didn't get to have after the wedding :) 

Afterward we went to Cool Cat's for beers. The guy playing the cover songs was great. He played 311 & Sublime which are a couple of my favorite bands. We took a silly singalong selfie 


And then took the cab home :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment