Monday, June 23, 2014

Honeymoon Trip Report - Day 4

I woke up to the buzzing of my phone from a group text between a few friends at 4 am. Decided to make coffee & start typing my trip report a little earlier than usual. Woke Devon up around 6 and we got ready to go to Maui Ocean Center for our Pride of Maui Molokini / Turtle Town snorkel tour. Devon took to snorkeling like a fish to water. I think I was more nervous in the water than she was when we weren't around the group. I can't make myself not worry about sharks in the open water, it's this whole logic thing I've got going on. We didn't see a turtle but that's ok, they got some great pictures of us. Here's one from the boat. 


After snorkeling we were starving so we drove up into Lahaina. After browsing some shops we decided to have lunch at Kimo's. We got the coconut shrimp & BBQ ribs and they were both fantastic. Last time I was at Kimo's I had the filet & lobster and I wouldn't get that again but today the lunch menu was on point. We got seated right by the water and got splashed a little but the view was so great we didn't mind at all. 



After Kimo's Devon took a nap while I struggled to stay awake on the way back to Kihei but we made it. As soon as I stopped at the first red light in Kihei, boom, she's awake! Imagine that...:) We got some beer at the general store and brought it to the pool at Kam Sands where we spent the rest of the afternoon. She read and I typed. Later, while she was watching the bachelorette I picked up some Coconuts takeout. We ate and fell asleep with alarms set for 2:30 for Haleakala. 



No comments:

Post a Comment