Monday, June 23, 2014

Honeymoon trip report - day 3

Our first day as a married couple! Today is our lazy, pool / beach day. I woke up and drank a few cups of coffee on the lanai.  We walked down to the pool & drank more coffee and read our books. I'm rereading all of Terry Goodkind's fantasy novels and she's reading some girly books called KGI something-or-other. There is no breeze so by 8:30 it's already hot and we're applying sunblock. We decided to go get breakfast. Kihei caffe was great! I had steak & eggs and the Mrs had eggs & bacon. Those potatoes & biscuits that come with it were the best though. 

Next we decided to check out Wailea beach. This is probably my new favorite beach. Devon soaked up some sun & I did some stand up paddle boarding for the first time. Super fun. 



The two of us went for a swim afterward and took some pictures from in the water. Unfortunately most of the pics are being taken with "the good camera" and the iPad doesn't have a USB port but I'll try harder to snap shots with our phones too when I can. 

Next we checked out big beach. I brought my boogie board but the waves were breaking too close to shore so we just sat around and listened to the lifeguards trying and failing to dissuade people from going in. Their comments were pretty funny. At least no one got hurt. We grabbed a shave ice from a food truck that was their and headed back to the condo for Devon to nap and for me to watch that tragic US World Cup game. 

Headed back out around 4 to foodland for an ice chest & some beach chairs. We will probably leave the chairs at KBH for someone else to use when we leave. Ate some nachos at Moose's and watched the heartbreaking soccer replays over and over on TV. Then it was time to go! Off to Little Beach! Devon is visibly nervous and totally unsure about it but she was a trooper & loosened up after we sat and had a beer and she saw that lots of others opted for clothes. We listened to the drums & enjoyed the sunset for a little while and then left. I thoroughly enjoyed helping my wife get up and back down from the rocks. The drum circle is one of my favorite things about Maui and a truly unique experience. 


We only had the one beer at the beach so we stopped at Mulligan's on the way back & each had one. The same Irish band that was playing when I went in 2012 was playing. Thought about getting some food to go but decided to eat some of the food at the condo that we haven't been eating & called it a night because we've got a big day of snorkeling planned for tomorrow! 






No comments:

Post a Comment