Thursday, July 3, 2014

Honeymoon TR - Day 10

Hello everyone, it is Devon (Dear wife...lol), I have taken over Ryan's trip reports to talk about our last full day in Hawaii. I hope you enjoy!

Our last full day in Hawaii we decided to have another beach day since we didn't have anything planned. Ryan let me sleep in and he ventured out to have breakfast at the hotel. I love breakfast food but I must admit I'm not used to eating breakfast on a daily basis. I know, it is the most important meal of the day, but I like my sleep & since I've hit my 30s I rarely get myself up in time to have it in the morning. So needless to say after almost 10 days of huge meals everyday, I passed. I easily gained 5 pounds this trip. But oh so worth it!

We got dressed & decided to head to Kapalua beach & soak up some rays. That area of Maui is very beautiful. It felt like a nice resort area but without as much people like Kaanapali has. The beach was absolutely gorgeous. I snapped this picture below & sent it to all my work girls. With the time change I knew that it was mid afternoon back in Louisiana & it would give them a little pick me up. What are friends for right...lol!


Ryan absolutely loved paddle boarding @ Wailea beach so he decided to do it again. So he got setup & I got my camera out & lounged on the beach & snapped away. So relaxing. He looked like he was in heaven the whole time, which made me smile. Once he was done we decided to go kayaking. At first I decided I wasn't going to do it but when I realized he wasn't going to do it without me & he already missed out on zip lining because of me (why did I not YouTube those videos sooner, crazy me lol) I decided to do it. Don't get me wrong I like doing water things but the Pacific waters are not what I'm used to & I'm not a strong swimmer so I get nervous. We got the glass bottom boat & I don't know why I was so nervous because I loved it. Suprisingly I had a little more kayaking knowledge than Ryan, we were stroking multiple times on one side. I told him it is not a Pirogue & I was pretty sure we had to switch sides after each stroke. Much easier after that.

Once we were done we decided we would pack up and head back to Lahaina to browse the shops & have lunch. I really loved this beach & decided I would definitely want to stay in that area on our next trip. Here is our last beach pic together of the trip.


Once in Lahaina we decided on Captain Jack's Island Grill. Our best lunch of the trip. It even beat out my Hana hot dog, not by much though. I know a hot dog crazy, but it was so good I can't explain it. Our bellies were full so we browsed a little then decided to nap before our dinner reservations that night. I love me some naps. I'm an accountant back home & just so busy most of the time so I took advantage during this trip. Thankful Ryan let me. Here is a pic of my husband  @ Captain Jack's, it is one of my faves.



We had dinner reservations @ Kai in The Ritz Carlton back in Kapalua. This by far was the best meal of the trip.  We had the best sushi I've ever had and great drinks. It was such a welcome change from burgers, fish & other everyday foods we had been eating. It was a perfect place for our last honeymoon meal. We talked about it all the way back to our hotel. If you haven't tried it, please do.

We decided to have drinks at the bar @ the hotel then off to bed since we were leaving the next morning...boo!!! We really enjoyed our last day in Maui. This trip has been a trip of a lifetime. I got to marry a wonderful man and explore one of his favorite places which has easily become mine as well. I have explained Maui to friends as being such a unique island. One day you can be at the beach, then in the mountains, then in a tropical jungle, or then the country side. I have no doubt we will be back. I know there are tons of things we missed. One day we will hopefully get to do those things.

We love Maui :))








No comments:

Post a Comment